Of all the people in the political limelight that I'd enjoy sitting down to dinner with, Sarah and Tod Palin top the list. But I just don't think she has the gravitas to win the presidency. Her great strength is that she connects with people, and her present role plays well to that advantage.

I'm not overly wild about any of the other leading GOP candidates. They're like graham crackers: There's a lot in them that's good, but they are hard to get excited about.

Romney built a formidable campaign machine, and is now using that to help other candidates. That's a move probably designed to help him build a base of political allies. Good move. Even though he is clearly the most capable executive on the political stage, I don't think he is going to be President either.

Huntsman enjoyed very wide approval as governor here in Utah, and I think he does have aspirations. I'm a bit less enthusiastic about him than Rocky, but agree that he's immensely better than Obama.

Jindal needs a few gray hairs and a voice like Fred Thompson. I think he does have potential.

Huckabee forever lost any possibility of my vote when he played the anti-Mormon bigotry card against Romney.

Gingrich has the gravitas and an amazing grasp of historical precedent and context. When he does a spot on Fox, I pay close attention to what he says. I like him, but I also know that I'm in the minority.

We need someone vital and charismatic. I'm not sure where you find that in the current field of GOP candidates. OTH, at this point I'd settle for a drug store wooden Indian over what we've got in the White House.

Be not weary in well doing.