Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by derby_dude
The fly-in-the-ointment Tim is this, is the Republican "Old Boys Club" going to go alone with Obama or gridlock and say no more.

If the Republican "Old Boys Club" goes along with the Obama agenda then it's all over for the Republican Party. The Tea Party will then have to become an actual political party.

The "Old Boys Club" keeps saying we don't understand we have to meet Obama half way and I say no way Spud. I want to crush the Obama Regime and the Democrats with constitutional government.

Derby Dude....it probably escaped your notice but the republicans voted against Obama's agenda already, almost to a man. after the tsunami tomorrow, why would they be any more cooperative than they were when they were in the minority?

you read way too much into boilerplate statements that we will work with him if he does what we want....well, of course they would if he did but he won't.

Seeing as how you are reasonable civil for you I'll answer.

It did not escape my noticed that the Republicans did not vote for Obamacare. Voting for or against was easy when you have no power.

Lets see what happens when the Republicans take over Congress tomorrow. Lets see what happens when the Democrats start denigrating Republicans as the party of no. Lets see what happens when the Republican approval ratings gets down to 20%. The leadership is already telling the Tea Party candidates that they will have to learn to compromise. If the Republicans man up and stand tall then I'll be impressed but I doubt they will they never have before.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude