I only read half the thread, so please pardon if somebody said this already.

A few points. Obama WILL be the Dem nominee unless some dickweasel assassinates him. Get real. The Dems are not above sacrificing one of their own for the good of the "cause". Sorry about the tinfoil stuff. Palin's greatest challenge will be overcoming the Republican machine she seems so desperately to want to be a part of. If they don't destroy her in the primaries, she could beat Obama today. Third, the economy ain't currently tanking. It is slowly gaining. There are lots of people out of work though, and that ain't getting better. They vote. If the economy keeps coming around or even gains a bit more momentum, then the election will turn probably not on who the Reps run against the National Lawn Jockey, but on which party is able to steal the credit from the other for the perceived turnaround. This is assuming the Reps make a significant gain in tomorrow's elections.

I'm not sure Palin would make a good President. I think she would definitely be successful as a VP. This latter has nothing to do with the original question though.