Originally Posted by battue
Sam,

Looks looks about picture perfect, although it wouldn't be my first shoice for here, although I've done it.

[Linked Image][IMG]

Take the Dog out, I hunt Deer here also.

[Linked Image]

Love that dog pic, battue! I wish grouse were more common in coast range near me. I've killed a few up there, but to really get into 'em requires more of a safari than I've been inclined to mount lately. Bummer, cause taking my knuckleheaded Lab and my Citori out to play is one of life's true pleasures! We've been contenting ourselves with a (gulp) planted pheasant hunt at the nearby wildlife refuge.

On topic: while my scopes have certainly ended up turned up to ~6x for shots on deer, I much prefer a lower setting, usually 2.5x or 3x, for general hunting in the thick stuff. OTOH over in eastern Oregon where it's typically much more open, I'm generally set at 4x while hunting.

The 6x42mm Leup is extremely eye-friendly and I can see why it gets the love it gets. But then, every scope I use is eye-friendly at low powers, or I wouldn't be using it, and in the end I appreciate having both less and more X's than a fixed 6x provides- at least for what and how I hunt.

I bet one of those 6x42's would be pretty sick on my Bushy M4'gery. Stick, you run them on AR's at all?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!