Originally Posted by pointer
Originally Posted by sundles
Originally Posted by smokepole
[quote=sundles]Some folks think that because govt has not yet done a thing (like closed or seriously restricted certain tracts of land) that it will never happen. I've lived long enough to know, that I don't want my trustworthy/efficient/wise govt having any more power, as they already have far too much and have not used it well. I'm not helping any organizations give more land to the govt. Your mileage may vary and you are welcome to it. I mean, seriously, we are talking about the very same govt that brought you wolves, failed social security, failed dollar, failed borders, failed schools, health care and on and on and on--open your eyes man.

You're right it doesn't make sense to me and I was pondering asking you the same question he did. An avid user and one who apparently greatly appreciates public lands doesn't want more public lands. Yep, even after I typed it I don't get it...

Same answer, I love the land, can't you get that? The land and my love of it would be there regardless of who controls it. My issue is that I beleive in less govt control, unlike you guys who think more govt control is good. You ASSUME that if it wasnt for the current bureaucratic management of our federal/public lands, that we would not have access. That is a huge ASSUMPTION, as we have not tried it another way on a large scale, no?

Just because you have access to that public land today, does not mean you will tomorrow as this goofy federal system, that is run by bureaucrats, could close off any part of the national forest they want any time they want. It's been done before, many times. The biggest threat to our freedom is not alqueda, but our own big spending, over regulating, constitution ignoring, freedom stealing govt.. It's really quite simple with me, (and feel free to disagree all you like, I know you will)when it comes to govt., less is more, less land control, less regulation, less taxation, less corruption, etc. I have little faith in a large centralized govt being involved in too many aspects of our lives--simply look at thier track record. Since you admitted you dont get it, I'm not sure I can instill the principles of freedom in your mind, but reliance on govt., is not the answer, because what they can give, they can take and more.