Originally Posted by smokepole
[quote=sundles]....unlike you guys who think more govt control is good.

Good diversionary tactic (don't answer the question, cast aspersions in a different direction), but the generalized statement above is nonsense. As I already said, the government gets a few things right, like interstates, our armed forces, and keeping public lands open. That does not equate to thinking "more govt control is good."

Originally Posted by sundles
You ASSUME that if it wasnt for the current bureaucratic management of our federal/public lands, that we would not have access. That is a huge ASSUMPTION, as we have not tried it another way on a large scale, no? [/quot

No, your assumption that you'd have access to private lands is the bigger leap. Because we have access to public lands and it's been that way since the NFs were established, continued access is a reasonable assumption. The most reasonable assumption.

And I guarantee you that if you or I decided to drive across any western state with good elk hunting--Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, New Mexico, Arizona, or Colorado, and stopped at choice private land to ask permission to hunt elk, more often than not permission would be denied or charged a pretty penny for. So assuming the same thing would happen with public land that went private is a reasonable assumption; the most reasonable assumption.

No, it is an ASSUMPTION period. If we did not use our current system, we could find better ones, if we looked.

Further, my last post had no "diversionary" tactics---I posted what I honestly believe, although I understand that a genuine lack of diversionary tactics is beyond your grasp. I recall you and pointer being a tag team on the old Kifaru site as well. Imagine the odds, you both showed up at the same time on this thread. Take care.