I'm not a big fan of Ruger rifles due to personal preferences but believe the stainless they use is very rust resistant. Rust resistance is one part of the equation regarding all-weather rifles in my mind.

I like Tikkas, but the stainless tends to freckle, same with the Kahr 9mm I had. I've seen posts/pics of Kimbers rusting easily too, but have never owned one. It just depends on the type of stainless used. For this reason, I think a stainless Ruger is a good choice if you're worried about rust plus you get a synthetic stock. Just make sure you like the stock, or save some money for an aftermarket... the ones I've looked at are very flimsy. Also, Rugers are heavy to begin with so watch out if you decide to add something like a Hogue and still want a "light" rifle.

You can always get a blued/synthetic too and hit the barrel and action with matte rattle can. Or do the same with stainless. Metal finish doesn't worry me too much but a stable stock does.

I like the Tikka T3 suggestions mentioned earlier above. I have a 270 & 300 Win. Both shoot lights-out with little fuss. I've had five Tikkas and each shot great. Some people seem to hate them but I think they are a good budget rifle. Lighter than a 77/700/70/etc., nice trigger, low bolt lift, two-position safety that locks the bolt ( I don't need 3-pos myself but insist on a locked bolt -- personal preference). Just throw the rings away and get something better (Talley, DNZ, Warne, etc.).

That said, most any major brand bolt action is pretty good today and you'd probably be better off getting the best binos you can and not worry about the rifle! I'd take Swaro binos and some beater rifle over a $1500 rifle and cheap binos! Binos are not as sexy as a rifle, I know, but something to think about if you don't have decent glass yet.