Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by 308ld

.......... Used gun rack had a Ruger 1A 30-06 in very, very nice shape, better than average wood, 4X Glenfield scope and a sling...$349! By the time I made up my mind and got back to the gun deptment (about 30 minutes) it was gone,

MAN!! I really am sorry you missed that one but..

At $349, what took 30 SECONDS to decide?

If you SNOOZE you looze, really sorry.

Jerry

That is so very true!

In 2002 I stopped by a fairly new gun shop on a whim. It was probably the second or third time I had stopped in even though I drove by it at least once every work day. As I walked in they had a sign listing the specials of the day, including a Marlin 1895 in .45-70 for $249.95. I hadn�t been able to find a good one for under $400 so I figured it would be an old, rusty beater - but I had to take a look. The serial number indicated it was only 2 years old and it was in perfect shape. As I was still examining the rifle another person came in and asked for it. Yet another came in while I was filling out the paperwork.

Another time I paused on a stainless/boat paddle Ruger MKII in .$270. It looked great and the asking price was $325 and they wouldn�t budge. I decided to walk the rest of the gun show and let them think about my offer of $310. The next day I went back to buy it and someone else was filling out the paperwork on it.

Yet another Ruger MKII stainless/boat paddle at a gun show, a .338WM tagged with $300. Had I found it a few minutes earlier it would have been mine but someone else got there first and was doing the paperwork.

Bargains are where you find them and usually don�t last.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 07/05/12. Reason: typo

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.