Originally Posted by GaryVA
I'd pick and choose the type of boot you need based on your requirements. Once you narrow it down to a type of boot, I'd look at samples from all the major makers, do not get locked into any specific maker if you've never worn their boots. At this point, it is a matter of fit, the different makes do not always fit quite the same. You may be so generic that a broad range may fit you well. On the other hand, you may have a fit that only a very few of the makes will work well. I know for a fact, through trial and error, that certain boots that are praised by some on this board are a quick and certain death upon my feet making them my absolute worst of the worst list. Some will just not accommodate the shape of your foot, be it too narrow, too wide, too short, or too long. You'd think the sizing between them all would be the same, but this will not be the case.

Best smile

Yes, you definitely need to try them on with the socks you'll be wearing while hunting, and not just ordering "blindly" from a catalog. A client ordered a pair of Kenetrek boots and they murdered his feet. For the following year, he ended up buying a pair of Danners at a store and only after trying them on.