A pair of boots that will do it all from +90 to -20 is a tall order indeed. Realistically, I think you are looking at two or, or preferably three pair, for that kind of temperature span.

I'd be looking for a pair of high quality non-insulated boots to cover Spring, Summer and early Fall. I roll with a pair of Kenetrek Mountain Extreme.

Around here, depending upon where you go and what you do, a similarly high quality insulated boot works well for most elk and late whitetail hunting situations. But then again, our general season ends the first week of November for elk and it rarely gets below the double digits. Mostly 60's to mid 20's, though I've seen it not get above 16 for a few days. Toe warmers help expand the comfort range. I've got a pair of Cabela's Mountain Hunters, now discontinued, that are awesome comfy. Italian made, Dave Page says they're Miendls made for Cabelas.

Below that, I'd be looking at a decent pair of packs, some boiled wool socks, arch support and extra liners inserts. I've been using Sorels ever since we lived in Billings MT as a kid, but there's no doubt something "better".

Allen

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.
Reviews are only as good as the crowd reviewing them.
Progressive Liberalism is the philosophy of Western suicide.