Going up a size is the usual "rule of thumb" for fitting mountain boots and I wear US "9" shooes, but US "10" boots. I really suggest working with Lathrop's as those guys can fit you correctly and sell a good product.

Actually, a few years ago, I spoke on the phone with them and they ended up offering me a job as one of their fitters. I had retired at 55, end of June, 2001 and had job offers paying far more in the BC-Yukon mineral exploration industry...but, my wife asked me to stay retired.

I have had as many as three pairs of topend boots literally disintegrate within the 7-8 months of my former seasonal wilderness work in the BC mountains and, btw, many longterm and very active sheep hunters here in BC, find Kenetreks a bit "soft" for serious,longterm mountain use.

I intend to buy a pair of Kennetreks next month to use hunting on Vancouver Island, to help preserve my FGL Galibier Peuteray, Kastinger and Scarpa boots that do work best in serious mountain uses. I suggest talking to John Calden as well.