Right now, I am wearing a pair of 1970s Gaibier Peuteray boots, FGL, I fitted them when I bought them from a gentleman in Califoria and I had Italian Vibram soles re-fitted. I also have Scarpa Fuego and Concordia boots, Kastinger FGL climbing boots and an ancient pair of the Meindl Geologist boots developed here in Vancouver in conjunction with the late Al Meindl.

These, plus Viberg packers and loggers of various styles, Google their site, Victoria, BC. and the now gone Pierre Paris, Daytons and Head's boots made in Vancouver are what I mean by ...serious..., etc. I do not think like a guided client as I spent much of my life working in the mountains where I was born and raised.

So, I also did not buy the Sitka Gear that came here, do not often bother with camo and I prefer merino wool and either woolen whipcord or sometimes nylon pants.

BTW, most of the dozens of BC professional guides I have known and have been asked to become one of, usually wore jeans, flannel or cotton shirts and often work boots when guiding wealthy foreign hunters for trophies such as those you post the photos of. I do not now wear cotton as I prefer lighter synthetic pants as above.....cheaper the better and I learned about these on this very forum...even an old dog......