My friends, colleagues and I were not wealthy and we bought all of our own gear, while being paid the relatively low salaries that BC paid in my working years. So, we would buy a pair or maybe two of leather boots and one of rubber or rubber-leather pacs and that was it, we used them for EVERYTHING.

This,included all aspects of hunting in BC-AB, fishing,climbing, hiking, some cross-country skiing and working at fighting wildfires, various forestry projects and even wearing to college. I grew up "poor" and worked for everything I now have, so, I bought boots that would last and not fail on a steep fire at the worst possible time.

I am not implying anything, if you would notice, I very specifically stated that MY comments were based on BC, where I live and so forth. What has worked for me, for the 50+ years since I got my first Pierre Paris boots in 1961,age 15 may well not suit others. Kenetreks, have some nice boots and I am going to buy some, soon, but, they are too soft and will not wear or support the orthopaedic lift on my right boot as FGL boots do and always have.

I will, by choice, never buy another boot with a rubber rand as they never fit quite like a Galibier or Kastinger "Old School" boot will and are useless to dangerous in fire. So, while a client hunter from wherever may come to BC, he will very probably have a different paradigm for much of his gear than I do.

I also have used the plastic boots, not Invernos, mine were Asolos and they do not suit me as well as FGL climbing boots always have. I posted photos of me free-climbing wearing Meindl Aconcaguas and those were my daily footwear for some 3 years, going through three re-solings, until I tore a shank loose in one and pitched them.

So, that is it, I do,like some of the light,sticky soled Raichle and Sportiva boots I have had, but, each pair of boots costs me an additional $200+ for my lift and these do not last a year with that, so, I no longer use them as I cannot afford to waste money in that way.