Kutenay,

I used Obenaufs Oil and LP exclusively after learning about them either here or on Kifaru. They are high quality leather conditioners, but as I understand it they are mink oil derivatives and, as such, will eventually delaminate the rubber rand material from the boot. Plus, I think it had a tendency to soften leather a little too much.

Not wanting another delaminations issue, I was assured by Joe at Kenetrek that the boot wax they throw in with their boots wouldn't just do the same. If memory serves it has a fair amount of beeswax and vegetable oil. It seems to work fairly well at keeping the leather conditioned and supportive when applied judiciously. I don't overdo it. I don't think there is a whole lot of sense in weighing a lightweight pair of "waterproof" boots down 5 lbs. of leather conditioner. It a potent sweet smell too it - though not entirely unpleasant, that is not soon diminished.

You might give it a shot if you decide to go ahead the a pair of Kene Teni's. wink

Allen

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.
Reviews are only as good as the crowd reviewing them.
Progressive Liberalism is the philosophy of Western suicide.