Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

E.g., do you suppose a lone wolf of any size would attempt to take down a healthy three hundred pound wild boar? Dogs of the gripping breeds will, and they'll nearly die before letting one go once they've got a hold.

Yes, they would, I'm sure of it. Food is food.

I simply proposed that solitary wolves would not ordinarily persist in an effort to take down a dog of the variety that I've specified if said dog had a solid grip on it. More likely, such a wolf would seek to disengage and withdraw. Wolves seek to avoid serious wounds by instinct, whereas dogs of the variety I'm referring to disregard such and maintain their grip with persistence.

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I simply proposed that solitary wolves would not ordinarily persist in an effort to take down a dog of the variety that I've specified if said dog had a solid grip on it. More likely, such a wolf would seek to disengage and withdraw

False. A lone wolf WILL seek out a dog or dogs, no matter the breed. A wolf is a bad ass animal and no dog would stand a chance against one. Yes...One. A wolf wouldn't "seek to disengage and withdraw". The would kill and eat.

Camp is where you make it.