Insults notwithstanding, this is a fascinating thread. Somebody correct me but I believe there is no discernable DNA difference between a wolf and a dog, even a yorkie. Also, some of these huge gogs that were "designed" to protect sheep from wolves like a Great Pyhrenees for example, do they stand a chance with a wolf?

On the subject of Pit Bulls, they scare me more than lions. Many years ago in South Florida, the inbred neightbor of a friend of mine used to raise Pits and other dogs, icluding two very BIG and mean Dobermans. One day one of the Pits got out by chewing, yes chewing though a wire fence and in the process, killed the two Dobermans and yes even one of my friend's horses. They found the horse dead with a destroyed rear leg and the Pit Bull dying with it's head so swollen from the horse's attempts at kicking itself free. So, I'm not an expert other than to say my dear and departed female JRT Maggie would kick a wolf's ass (well at least in her own mind!) but if I were a wolf, I'd avoid those Pit Bulls..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”