Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Canuckshooter,
I am interested in what your opinion is for the future prospects of those aboriginals living in remote areas where no work exists and is not likely to be created in the future. Why is it not a realistic expectation that they should attempt to enter the mainstream of modern society?

I realize and accept that there will always be a segment of society who will be unemployable. My perception is that as long as large numbers of persons live in remote areas where little or no work exists their conditions in life are unlikely to change.

I do not consider myself to be smart enough to come up with the answer and doubt any government will, in my lifetime, make any serious attempt to resolve the problem. This is the situation that drives my frustration.

Jim

I don't see many prospects for those staying in those remote communities, about the only hope is that the younger generations attain some education and leave for greener pastures. I believe if you look into it there are significant numbers of aboriginals leaving the reserves and moving to urban centers. Many fail to make it and end up in the system anyway.