Originally Posted by Rog
Oh boy this about as crazy a thread as I ever seen on here LOL
Kute;nobody's gonna send the troops in to any where.The biggest squable is gonna be with the provinces,they'll all challange this,it'll drag out for years.
CS; I highly doubt that most of the Metis in this country have a care in the world for what goes on in the reserves.Most if not all of the metis I new back home were several generations and hundreds of miles removed from the reserves their ancestors originated from.
I was still in Sk when the metis were given their traditional subsistance rights.The game populations in my zone didn't suffer as much as feared but the fishery went downhill as they were netting little lakes that could not support that much pressure. I think it rebounded when the novelty wore off for most of them though.

I think that is exactly what will and must happen, Harper, is a "Trudeau clone"in SO many ways and he is as opportunistic as any politician I can recall in my life. I don't really care as I am old enough that I will not lose any hunting/angling that matters to me and I have no children.

I have been reading the almost incredible comments by young (mostly) aboriginals on the "Facebook" page linked above and the racism and hatred, so carefully nurtured among these people for over 40 years now, here in Canada WILL erupt into the violence that they threaten.

Then, given the obvious incompetence of the police to contain this, the Canadian public WILL DEMAND military action....and, the injuns are exactly where the corporate elite in Canada,want them.

It's actually rather amusing and should provide some excellent "action TV", much like the Canadian pilot in "Gulf I" who, while the chords of Eddie Van Halen, thundering in his headset attacked a small gunboat using the 20mm cannon and had one fine old time......yup, the boys will play with their toys and the injuns will feel the steel.

WTF, [bleep] happens, some might object, but, most people I talk with each day are Asian immigrants in my neighbourhood and they are VERY "anti" injun...........