Originally Posted by headhunter130
to me, no matter what you believe, there is no way creation and evolution can be together, it is either one or the other. Evolution is one of the greatest jokes of all time that changes everyday, every hour for that matter at the whims of all the "masterminds" who claim evolution is for real.

^This^

If the world is 37 billion years old, then it is because God decided to take 37 billion years to create it. But that doesn't, by default, give any credibility to evolution. Evolution is the biggest hoax ever foisted upon mankind. Unfortunately, many embrace it for to NOT belive that particular system of "faith", one has no other option than to aknowledge a Creator.

But that's a different subject.

Did God create the Earth in 6 literal 24 hour periods? I believe so.
Could He do that and make it appear old.
Yes.
Could He create a universe that is 93 billion light years across and during creation of light, stretch that light across vast expanses so we can see objects from photons that have seemingly traveled across distances of tens of millions of light years...and yet have a universe only several thousand years old?
Yes. And I believe this likely.

Since He lives outside of time and space, could He have taken billions of years to create the universe and then unveal it in the span of 6 days?
Yes.

Could He have taken billions of years to create it?
Of course.

The bottom line is HE CREATED the universe.

And that is the important point to keep in mind with any discussion. We don't have all the answers and won't on this side of Glory. If it could be proven beyond question the universe is billions of years old, it wouldn't shake my faith in the least, nor does it somehow diminish the authority or validity of scripture.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com