Originally Posted by Ringman
calikooknic,

Don't need a book of tales from the sand pople to know that screwing my neighbors wife is not good.

Based on what? With the God of the Bible there is no absolute morality.

The golden rule could sure use some traction, the other crap just falls in line if you have any sort of conscience.

From where did your conscience come? You, in an evolutionary world, are not making any sense.

"
So, without a book to guide you, YOU or any others can't have morals or a conscience? That seems to make no sense in my world. Not sure where you live. I "absolutely" do not need you or any other to tell me what is pretty damned self evident. Would you like to have your neighbor getting it on with your wife while you were at work or otherwise distracted? Probably not, but hay, some people just "swing" that way.
Ever play the game where some one tells another something and it gets passed from person to person around the room until it comes back to the one that started it? You think two thousand years of stories and fables and witness will be the same as when it was first told? It can't go around a room in ten minutes/ten people and be accurate.
If you believe and follow the bible, good for you. But judging other people based on your short comeings is not exactly christian like to me. Just because you can't live your life the way you would like to is not exclusive to people of faith. We all have problems, regrets, moments of not living up to our own standards.

And that is really all it is, standards by which we live our lives. Little else.

Sean