I haven't shot 1911s that much probably not more than 5000 rounds a year or so at one point. And most of that through our AL framed Kimber 3 inch ones. Of course that was only for a couple of years that we played with IDPA and IPSC, the wife and I.

But I was worried about the AL frame possibly.

Never saw an issue.

But again it might take more than 20K rounds or so for them to break etc...

Glock... well yeah I got a use for them in certain instances, but just cant' warm up to them all that much.

IF we are not going to 45 acp, and why the hell wouldn't we?, then I wonder 357 Sig might not be the best of all worlds? Not impressed with 40 S/W.

Of course anyone that shoots, should have no issues with a 10mm , that the 40 still wants to be. They simply have to shoot and learn to shoot well, like anyone that risks their life, at the end of any kind of firearm.

What all my 100 pound 4 foot sometihing wife has learned to shoot over the years proves its in the head, and no where else if you can't get used to whatever is provided. Though she/I have never shot any of the nitro express rounds....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....