Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

Yes, and just like Sigs, they don't hold up, yet. The XD is a new platform, and might just be the one to beat. Nothing Sig makes will hold up, and they are an armorer's nightmare.

That quite a statement. Don't the SEALS use Sigs?

Yes. Been using them for years. Get them all covered with sand and salt water, and sometimes blood. And they're still using them.

When my county SD in WI went to .45 ACP, they selected the SIG P220 in no small part because there were former SEALs involved in the selection process. I didn't like the single-stack configuration for patrol officers, but that was my only objection and since I wasn't in Patrol it didn't impact me personally. Most of the guys in Patrol went to quad mag pouches to keep personal loadouts at a reasonable level. Our SWAT team guys loved the P220. It was as accurate as my competition-configured 1911's, and at least as accurate and reliable. I never had my P220 puke on me in training or in competition, and never saw or heard of one puking during training or ops, no matter how wet or dirty or cold or slimy the conditions were.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars