I have two glocks and I like shooting them and they are great weapons. I bought my G21 when i was in the army to carry if deployed, but I'm seriously not a fan of no safety. Yeh I see all the threads about its all about user stupidity. But it still gives me the creeps to have a hot round and no safety when I'm not actually on the firing line. Before you go off on me, I probably have fired 30,000 rounds of ammo in my life so I'm not untrained in their use.

Me, just personally, I much prefer my HK USP Tactical for a duty type carry weapon because I can carry hot and flip the safety when I draw and it still has a reasonably firm double action pull. If i want to take a slower but more accurate shot like when im trying to hit a target at 30 plus yards i just cock the hammer. I just think a weapon with a reliable safety is a must have if you are talking army wide issue. Remember that many soldiers are not SF or Batt-boys and have minimal weapons training and then throw in fatigue and stress and there ya go.

I suspect a HK would have less than 1/2 of the accidental discharges of a glock in the long run.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)