Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by safariman
I wish my RIA Tac-10 had regular sights instead of a giant glowing orange orb way out there. A nicer trigger. The one that it came with is OK, and far better than most, but could stand to be lighter. Overall weight coming down might be nice. A Titanium/Scandium gun Something around 25 ounes or so, would be da bomb. Or perhaps a Graphite/Poly framed 10mm would be AWSOME!

The McCormick "Match Prepped" hammer and sear are EDM cut from tool steel and the sear engagement surfaces are already prepped. Meaning, you can get a downright decent trigger pull from just dropping these parts in. Further tuning of the sear spring can drop the trigger pull weight down a little more. You won't get a 2.5lb trigger, but it will likely be very crisp and around 4lbs.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/319104/chip-mccormick-match-prepped-hammer-1911-blue

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/330535/chip-mccormick-match-prepped-sear-1911

That sounds like a great start! Thanks a bunch, once again.

I wish someone made, (maybe they do?) Tritium sights that were something other than a big round circle for nighttime emergency shooting. Maybe a stright white line up the middle of the front square top sight, and either a glowing white outline or, I suppose two dots on the rear would be OK, so long as they were EXACTLY at the very top of the rear sight and not 'a bit down' like most are. Another good idea would be a pointy arrow filled with tritium for a front sight. point coming ALL THE WAY TO THE VERY TOP of the front sight so that it helps with precision shooting at game in daylight and is not just a one trick pony night sight.

I just put (and then heavily ground down to fit my hand) a set of rosewood CT lazer sights on the 10mm, so it does not need tritium at all. Just a good useable hunting, target and concealed carry front sight. Already has a tapered body NOVAK rear sight. Easy enough to dremel out the white circles from that sight. So that one only needs a trigger job and new front sight to be nigh onto perfect. And damn, does that gun ever SHOOT! Scary accurate and dead nuts reliable with about any reasonable ammo.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500