Originally Posted by RJM
My primary carry gun is a 1952 Colt Commander in .38 Super that I had customized to my specs...it is perfect as far as I am concerned...

[Linked Image]

Bob
As far as I'm concerned, it's perfect. That is damn near an ideal daily carry piece as far as I can tell.

MMC sights - I have the same sight on my LW Commander; it's just plain outstanding. Decent (not great, but not bad) sight picture. Metal quality is top notch, and it's adjustable. The sight is a "snag free" design, but it sits up high enough that you can one hand cycle the slide by catching the sight on the belt. Mine are tritium, I'm betting yours are too. It's a real shame MMC/PT Night Sights went out of business. When my vials wear out, I'll probably just have them replaced.

Lightweight trigger, to accomodate a good trigger job.
Smooth grip panels - This makes a lot of sense on a carry gun, especially one carried IWB. 1- you don't have checkering wearing a rough spot on your flank. 2 - During a fast draw, your hands aren't being held too sticky to the gun, allowing you to make minute grip adjustments during the draw.

Grip safety, and Safety - Personally I'd have the McCormick extended thumb safety and an Ed Brown grip safety. But the setup you have would suit me just fine. No bite, but minimalistic on the grip safety. Or one of the old Jim Hoag grip safeties.

Hard Chrome - Nothing is tougher for wear. I carried a Hard Chrome Hi Power for a full decade and the finish looked just as good the day I sold it.

.38 Super - That's just a great round. Flat shooting, soft recoiling, hard hitting, and great barrier penetration.

Nice gun!!