Originally Posted by lvmiker
1. RIA=entry level gun w/ sketchy record for reliability. Reliability should be first consideration for a self defense gun.
2. 329PD an awesome gun for hand gun hunting which is the stated design goal of the mfg. Shot to shot recovery time makes it less than optimum for self defense.
3. P3AT,gack,stuff it w/ high pressure loads and strain a weak system even more.
4. Low capacity handguns as a CC choice indicate that the user can predict the number of attackers and the shots required to stop each attacker.
5. ammo/caliber choices indicate that the user believes that the ammo is a major factor in stopping potential threats.
6. For the cost of the 329 PD you have many better choices. mr
Entry level gun...that right there tells me you're one of those who knows just enough to be dangerous. LOTS of opinion, but little experience beyond what you currently own.

Regardless of make, model, or manufacturer. NO gun is proven until it's proven by the USER. And even if it's the cheapest gun in the world, if it's PROVEN to be reliable, than it's reliable.

You Glock guys read about all these elite units and then somehow correlate that to a "need" for an individual. REALITY check here...How many magazines do you carry? If your gun is reliable for as many magazines you carry, and is 100% reliable every time; that's all you need. After you're out of ammo, it matters not one iota that your gun is capable of going another 2,000 rounds. That is a training convenience, not a tactical necessity no matter what you tell yourself. WE ARE CIVILIANS LIVING IN THE US. WE ARE NOT SOLDIERS IN THE MIDDLE EAST, DO YOU GET THAT?

As for magazine capacity. Cops have carried single stack guns for at least a generation now, and I'm not aware of anyone who was killed because they had a single stack gun that ran out of ammo.

But let's entertain your little fantasy here. Let's say there are 8-10 guys you're facing. Do you REALLY think you're going to win, and the deciding factor is the magazine capacity of your pistol? You read too many adventure novels, and it sounds like you have ZERO experience in the field.

At no time in the history of handguns has anyone fired several thousands of rounds in one instance of defense. To think that's a necessity shows you don't know the difference between needs and wants.

As for the 329PD...it's what he HAS. Mark is a LARGE dood; could probably carry an M14 in an IWB. I doubt he has any trouble concealing an N frame S&W. And I doubt he carries full magnum loads, probably specials.

So because of what he currently has in his safe, you have extrapolated that Mark is some idiot who not only can't make a sound decision (because anyone who chooses anything different from this or that elite military unit is just an idiot) about a gun for self defense, nor can he shoot.

You are so far beyond idiot, that the light from idiot would still take a million years to reach you.