Originally Posted by safariman
Back on topic of what we don't like about our CC guns, do any of you know of a 9mm that is smaller and lighter than our KelTec PF9? I find the PF-9 just a hair to large to be able to quickly remove it from a jeans pocket, and large enough to print or show badly so carried. In my back pocket, enough of it sticks out to make it very easy to see and discern.
The Taurus 709 Slim is a bit smaller, but not nearly as small as the P3AT. I ended up with a 709 for a few months and then sold it to a guy who needed it much more than I did. It really is slim, and the one I had (sample of one) worked perfectly with everything I fed it. It was tough getting the last two rounds in the mag though. I'm betting that's why it worked so well though. The super-short throw of the slide makes for a fast cycling slide. So a very stiff magazine spring is essential to advancing the next round in time to be caught by the slide.

I had a few little gripes about the 709, but overall it was a decent little pistol. I don't imagine it's something that's going to survive thousands of rounds...one of those guns you carry a lot and shoot very little. And with what they cost, I'd just consider them disposable.