Originally Posted by lvmiker
GG, I am sure you are correct. My youthful enthusiasm sometimes clouds my judgement and causes me to not show sufficient respect for my elders. I would appreciate it if you would accept my apologies and let me continue to participate on this site. I promise you will see a kinder and gentler me.

mike r
This is an un-moderated forum; it is 100% up to you.

Everyone here knows I've been an arse from time to time, and you can count on me sticking my foot in my mouth one or two times per year. If I'm just being an arse, I'll pull my head out and apologize. If I was wrong, I'll fess up and just say I was wrong. Ask anyone, I've done it a few times.

I've been a competitive shooter in most disciplines, I've been a gunsmith for over 25 years, I've been a bodyguard, I've been a paramedic for 16 years, I've written for most of the gun magazines, I've worked on thousands of military arms. Hell, even been in an honest to goodness fight with a bear. I've been a bullet caster and reloader for 30 years, even competed in benchrest, which is the ultimate test of a reloader. I've done a lot of stuff, seen a lot of things, and have had some very uncommon opportunities to be exposed to gun related thins that most are never exposed to.

AND I LEARN FROM THESE GUYS ON THIS FORUM EVERY DAMN DAY OF THE WEEK!!!

I do not know it all...every day I'm reminded that I don't.

You have some first hand experience. I too managed an indoor shooting range about 20 years ago, and got to see a lot of things first hand that most don't get to see; it was educational. But it was just one of many things I've learned over the years.

Along with observation comes critical thinking. You observe something then it's time to seriously ponder what you've just seen. Is the lesson absolute? I'll tell you right now, it rarely is.

Last piece of advice, never try to say you've been in someone's shoes if you haven't. I would never deny your direct personal experience. I may disagree with the conclusions you make, but unless YOU start with the ridicule, I and most everyone else here will not ridicule you for the conclusions you make if they are made from personal experience.

I have come full circle on so many things. Back in the late '80's and early '90's Glocks were just completely unreliable and I've literally seen them fall apart on the range (really, saw a Glock return to battery and the slide just keep going...and I saw this not once, but twice). I didn't trust a Glock for several years. But I've learned, they're damn good pistols now. Nowadays, I don't make many absolute statements; that's when feet go in mouths.

I'd love to have you as a part of this forum. And I can't make you go or stay. But if you tear into people who have been here for years, people who have made this forum what it is, then you'll just be a big target. Hope you decide to stay and learn; like I did.