Come on, fess up...you know these things don't work. I mean, never mention that I've NEVER had even one malfunction with either of my 1911...I'm just a liar and can't be trusted anyhow.

All we ever hear from the Glock-a-holics is that 1911's don't work.

So who has a 1911 that:

A - Doesn't work
B - Malfunctions often
C - Malfunctions rarely
D - Just can't trust.

If you do, let's hear what the issue is?

I have had oodles of 1911's, and ones that have been to shooting schools and therefore "driven hard" over several days of heavy shooting. I've competed at the regional level with a number of 1911's; those guns were worked even harder than the one's that went to schools. Truth be told, back in the early '90's when I went to shooting schools and competed on a regular basis, the most common gun to go down on the range was Glock (all models but 17 & 19).

The ONLY 1911 I had real problems with was a Series 70 Commander I had back in the early '90's; it drove me nuts. I did EVERYTHING and just couldn't make it work reliably. A friend decided to drop a headspace gauge in and it wouldn't even enter the chamber...I was dumbfounded. The chamber was horribly under-cut. Once we corrected that issue (and I've never see that on any other pistol since...one time occurrence), that gun was a garbage disposal. Weird thing was, with a horribly under-cut chamber, it was still a tack driver...Bizarre!