Buddy took the pistol home last night, looked it over and took a few burrs off the barrel where the link was sticking and a few other areas. Swapped the safety with one of his and fixed that up, I need to order a new detent and will. Everything looked good to him, nothing done by the previous owner and it has a low round count according to the wear.

He shot 35 or so rounds without issue and called me to come down and try it out. Using his known good 7 rd magazine and S&B ball ammo, I fired the first mag with my thumb on top of the safety with him watching and it failed to feed on the last round. He shot 4 rounds till it emptied and handed it back to me shaking his head. I shot another mag and again, FTF on the last round. He noticed my left thumb was riding on the slide stop. He said try rotating your hand underneath just a little so my left thumb is not touching the slide or controls, the right thumb was under the safety but not touching it. I shot almost another 50 rounds without issue.

So while the pistol had a few minor issues, the problem is definitely me. And he said if anyone says I'm limp wristing it to pistol whip em, Ive got a solid hold. LOL.

So it looks like learning to shoot it is gonna be the answer.