Update, went to the range today with the 18# Wolf spring in a clean and oiled pistol. I ran the first mag fine, the second mag I got this on the last round.
[Linked Image]
Ran the 3rd mag and got the same thing on the last round. Cleared the pistol, loaded that round in the mag and it stove piped.
[Linked Image]
A buddy that shoots 1911's competitively was there so I let him look at it, extractor felt fine to him and he couldn't see anything obvious so he shot it. It worked fine for him. He watched me shoot it and noticed I had my thumb under the safety. He wondered if I was putting pressure on the slide with the safety so I put my thumb on top of the safety and it ran fine for 3-4 mags until I engaged the slide lock with my other thumb.

Changed up trying to get a good grip and wound up putting it on safe while shooting and had more failures to feed but always on the last round and all 6 mags did it at least once.

I tried the 20# spring, same thing. Took out the buffer, same thing. My buddy shot 4 mags with no issues so I'm pretty sure it's me but the one thing that has me puzzled is why was it always on the last round?

Last edited by TWR; 07/19/14.