I am fairly new to the 1911 camp, but devoted. Haven't sprung for a "good' one like I want yet, so the 3 I own are all "entry level" pistols. My stainless Taurus PT 1911 has been very good so far. It does require proper length in ammo, but doesn't care about bullet type, and seems to be happy with about any magazine I've tried. Shot my Springfield Mil Spec very little before putting the .460 Rowland barrel in it - which is a good way to tell how much a 1911 will take. Have had zero problems with it, do wish it had a better trigger (ditto the Taurus). My latest is a Para Expert Carry, a "compact" with a 4" barrel. By far the best trigger of the three. It did not like the Para magazines it came with, but when I started using my Wilson mags the problems went away. Since then I have tried the Springfield and Taurus mags in it with good results, and it even seems to have decided to run properly with the Para mags now, also. Although I have Ruger, Charter Arms, and Colt revolvers plus Contender single shots in various calibers, I can't see me buying any other type habdgun in the future.