Originally Posted by TWR
Jim that makes a lot of sense.

Kevin, let me be clear, I want to love the 1911 and have no fantasies about being in a fire fight but I do expect a pistol to work through a 100 count box of Winchester 230 gr ball ammo. I also thank you for calling me a "youngin" at almost 50 I need that now and then. I would've never said a thing about my 1911 woes but you asked the question.

I ain't giving up yet, I replaced the recoil spring and will try that tomorrow. I also will add oil every 50 rounds. The gun may need a little break in, I don't know but I'm trying to get it to run. Starting a thread insinuating that 1911 trouble is just something that Glock fans made up is just not quite true.
DEEP apologies for reading into things and thinking you're a youngster; we're probably the same age. (although, I'd be pretty happy if just once someone didn't call me an old fart).

And again, given your experience I TOTALLY understand the conclusions you have come to...If that was my only experience, I'd have a hard time liking the 1911 too.

Really sucks you dish out that kind of cash and end up with a gun that doesn't work. I'd recommend sending it back to the factory and giving the maker an opportunity to make it right.

Until then, if I were you; I'd carry that Glock. And honestly, if you're happy with the performance and the carrying characteristics of the Glock; why change? I'm certainly not going to try to talk you into the 1911 after the experiences you've had.

As most people know, my favorite pistol is the Hi Power. Would you believe my first Hi Power was a completely un-reliable POS, even with FMJ's? It was a rather ratty Argentine Hi Power, and I couldn't afford to have it fixed, so off it went. It wasn't until I was exposed to LITERALLY a pallet of Hi Powers that had been drug through WW II in China, then stored in Cosmoline for 40 years, only to find out that when cleaned up, over 95% of them didn't miss a single step...that completely changed me on the Hi Power.

We all have our experiences, you stick to your guns and keep that Glock close by. Salute!!