Originally Posted by Boxer
SloppyPoozy,

Neither velocity nor mass,take into account projectile integrity.

The only things you shoot are your mouth and Imagination...though in no particular [bleep] order. Congratulations?!?

Laffin'!

Boxer,

I'm willin' to extend to you the doubt-benefit thing because it's the way I roll.

Let's take a look at what I've posted:

Momentum, the ability of a bullet to penetrate, is a function of velocity and mass.

Match bullet to game at a suitable velocity at where game is to be shot, and you're good to go.

A suitable bullet fired from a .308 Win will kill big game farther than most shooters can shoot.

Cartridge debates are fun...but biology wins every time.

Jus' sayin'...

Now, Boxer, what part of match to game is causing you problems?

Here's how this works. I know Joe. I know he's an accomplished hunter. Joe tells me he's going moose hunting. He's going to use his '06. Joe is no fool. He ain't gonna spend a lot $$$ and expend strenuous effort to hunt moose unless he's gonna use a Partition or similar bullet. He wouldn't even have to tell me. I'd know that Joe is beyond bright enough to match his bullet to his intended game.

Now, Boxer, do you think that any animal can live longer than seconds sans its heart and/or lungs? Do you really think it makes any difference to any big game animal whether a .300 Win Mag or a .308 Win caused oxygenated blood to stop flowing to its brain?

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***