Originally Posted by GeoW
Romney needs to grow a set before he runs again.

Compared to whom?

Granted, I am looking at this from the wrong end of a telescope out here in Japan, but I simply cannot think of a more qualified candidate from among those in the running now. Don't confuse intelligence and decency with weakness. Romney had a clear set of priorities and explained them.

His mistake in the last election was the talk about those with entitlements, many of whom had they only known would have been better off with him in office.

There are always going to be some who oppose a successful businessman as candidate. Believe me, he had to be plenty tough to do what he's done.

Remember that chart of the percentage with business experience that past presidents appointed to their cabinets. The rock bottom has been Obama with 8%. Looking at accomplishments, most of his have been totally out of their depth. Libs rushed to dispute this, but to say that Hillary and Holder, among others, had real world business experience is not persuasive to me.

Of course, to say that Romney is the best choice is not the same as thinking he will crush the opposition. cool

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).