Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
LOL, an accessory to murder.

In the Financial Services, if a broker gets busted, he supervisor can expect to loose his license as well.

If you are a police supervisor/Manger, and your officer(s) kill someone due to inadequate or improper training, they should be held criminally responsible for the death. Large payouts of tax payer money doesn't seem to catch their attention, but take an incident such as this, put the officer, SGT, and Lieutenant behind bars, the later two for their failure to train and supervise, and police would start viewing these incidents in a different light, and training to a more balanced approach to risk management.

Perhaps you are right that accessory to murder is not the correct charge. A reckless action that causes the death of person is perhaps better captured by a charge of Man Slaughter.

Did you miss where the cade was presented to a Grand Jury and they No- billed it?

I did not. And in this instance I disagree with the Grand Jury.

As one article mentioned this killing was "within the officers training", they had just been through "active shooter" training two weeks prior. Just a couple of problems here. This wasn't an active shooter, it appears the officers NEVER considered for a moment the initial reports were wrong (hint, the saying within the INTEL community is "initial reports are always wrong"), and they didn't even take the time to read the shoppers, or realize they were not hearing gunshot before opening fire.

So, if a person negligently releases a wild animal upon the public that kills someone, what's the proper charge?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell