Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by gitem_12
No GJs can call witnesses and prety
Much examine whatever piece of evidence they want. There is no "defense" side to a grand Jury, meaning the only attoney present is usually the prosecutor

Guess again.

Grand juries receive and evaluate the evidence presented to them by the prosecutor. They have no right to demand additional evidence.

We don't even know if the grand jury saw the video. And we'll never know, since the proceedings are secret.

A prosecutor can bring a one-sided presentation of evidence and get most anyone indicted, a la Rick Perry's matter.

A prosecutor can likewise decide not to present certain evidence, and attempt to secure a no bill.

In this case, if the prosecutor decided to only present the testimony of the officer that they approached, the victim raised the rifle, and they shot him dead, what else could the GJ do?

And Gitem, since you're so obviously wrong about this process, you've lost all credibility, and will no longer be posting on the Campfire, correct?

You're right. Misuse of words. But here they do have the power to subpoena witnesses, and documents. They don't call witnesses, but the prosecutor will work qith the Gj to gather evidence and hear testimony. That's how i should have phrased it.

And according to articles i read on the case, the Gj did see the video, and heard testimony from 18 witnesses.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell