Rick,

How accurate do I need to be? If I am easily putting rounds in vital sized targets out to 600 yards, is that not good enough? On a ten inch vital zone, I will give up an inch or two of precision to cut my engagement time by a second or two.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy dialing too, and do so often, albeit only out to 825 yards or so, which is about as far as I can stretch it on my place.

I just like the simplicity of the Rapid Z. I bought one out of curiosity and continue to be amazed by how simple and easy, yet effective it is. So much so that I bought another.

Believe me, if at any time I feel the setup has failed me and I miss a shot on a deer I feel confident I would have made if dialing the LRHS, I will post it right here for everyone to see.

I just gotta ask you though�

Have you tried a Rapid Z?

If so did you take the time to find out what magnification best matched your load's trajectory?

If so, were you not able to make hits on vital sized targets out to the limits of the reticle?

Thanks,

John

Edited to add that a match that is supposed to replicate hunting scenarios does sound like a blast and I would love to give one a try. Is there a list of upcoming events by state?

Last edited by Hondo64d; 09/27/14.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14