OK. More on the Rapid Z�

I thought about some of the situations where some of you thought the Rapid Z would be less than ideal. So, today, I went out to my place, zeroed my .260 w/ 130gr VLDs at 200 yards. The Zeiss Rapid Z Calculator showed the lines should have been on at 297, 391, 496, and 601. After zeroing, I drove out into the pasture to a random distance then ranged with the laser rangefinder. Turned out my plates were at 170, 270, 370 and 470. Wind was at about 5 o'clock at 11mph. I held for a 3mph wind which turned out to be a little much, but here's the results:

8" plate at 170 yards:

[Linked Image]

8" plate at 270 yards:

[Linked Image]

8" plate at 370 yards.

[Linked Image]

12" plate at 470 yards.

[Linked Image]

Now supposedly, the weakness with the Rapid Z and similar reticles lies in the 'tweener ranges where you cannot have one of the yardage lines on the desired point of impact. Maybe I ain't as sharp as the naysayers, but I fail to see where each and every one of these shots wouldn't have resulted in a very dead deer.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14