Originally Posted by EdM
Always curious why folks think it takes more to kill a 200 or 300 pound non-man than a 200 or 300 pound man?

Very easy, you take out one lung not both so survival can be if an ambulance gets there. Read how many survive after shot with a full mag of nines.
Whitworth was here when a young lady shot a deer in the front of the chest with a .223. We lost the deer with not a drop of blood even with all the ME. I went to my stand an hour later and found the deer, gutted it and found the bullet made 6" only, never reached the heart. The deer was well over 100 yards from where shot. There was no blood under her either. The girl now uses a 30-30.
Only a fool will use less a gun that kills 100% of the time to make a name for himself.
I respect the animal, will not fall into the fool spot.
I respect Whitworth's and JWP's experience so why don't you bash on them about how great the .380 is?
I have taken too many deer with a .45 Colt myself to say it is "MARGINAL." I have also taken many deer with my Ruger Old Army and round balls. Kills as fast as a .44 mag.
I will only say a .22 or .380 or nine deer hunter is a fool.