Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by Canazes9
I've heard that the glass and turretts are better on the newer variants vs the older ones. I've also heard that the parallax issues are worse on the higher magnification SWFA fixed mag scopes

I had 2 of the older fixed models. 10X and 16X. As I have told several here before, I could not get over how unbelievably $hitty the turrets were. Both scopes had 1 audible and 1 inaudible turret. All the turrets were mushy as he11.

As I have also stated, tracking was not an issue. But mushy turrets, coupled with just so-so glass, acceptable at best but not great eye relief(for prone I need a lot), and finicky parallax adjustment caused me to sell the scopes.

I am now interested in trying another, given all the hype. I figure they simply have to have improved since I owned mine years ago, given what I've read here.

I will say that for a cheaper LR scope, they tracked as well as anything. Better than the Vortexes I tried and sold. The fixed power Weavers with micro-trac are also excellent for their price.....

Fixed power Weavers with micro-trac????

I was not aware that the fixed power Weavers had micro-trac. Perhaps I am misinformed? Got a link to one?

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.