Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by 4321
Originally Posted by 4ager
4321/TAK,

Just as an aside, and from experience, but I've spent a lot of time around bases and current and prior service personnel, as well as a lot of folks who were never in uniform. Without fail, those that did the most talked about it the least; those that did the least (or nothing at all), talked about it the most. Those that did the most always had proof, when asked or when the topics came up; those that didn't generally didn't do much (or anything at all).

Just an observation. YMMV, of course.

Yeah, it does vary, a lot. You've never been to the GB Club for certain, or Rick's Lounge.

Just what manner of "over the top" claims am I alleged to have made, anyway? Gotta go train some troops.

You've never substantiated any claims you've made here, and you've boasted more about being involved in the highest levels of military special forces for decades. Proof should be easy to provide. You've refused.

You have no understanding at all of what you are talking about. "The highest levels of military special forces" ain't a US Army Special Forces Group". Maybe, just maybe, an SF CIF company qualifies, but I'm sure the guys "behind the fence" would find that quite humorous. I never tried out for CAG, mainly because I was pretty sure I wasn't what they were lookin' for.

I had a rather un-distinguished career as an SF Medic on an ODA, retired as an SFC/E-7, that's right, I never was a team SGT. I WAS a competent medic who always had his schidt wrapped tight, never screwed anybody up with sorry Tx, never fugged up as a jumpmaster, EVER, and could carry his ruck, do land nav, and shoot a rifle with the best of 'em.

During 300F1 in the SFQC in 82, an old Army Warrant/PA who'd been an SF Medic in 'Nam, told us all the following, "It isn't that you boys are such superior soldiers, its just that everybody else is so goddammed inferior".

BTW, those CAG boys? I out shot 'em all in SOTIC. Distingquished Honor Grad. PM an email and I'll send you a pic of the plaque.