Originally Posted by Cheese_Burger
Awesome, thanks!

I understand the shell part, but how does specing a 100% CF fill change the weight estimates on the sheet? A few ounces?

Lightest 338 barrel I can get that the smith likes is a Bartlein 3, so it looks like I am heading towards a EH4.

Looking forward to being a Manners customer.

Hi Cheese, The EH series stocks come standard already with our lightest weight fill. They can also be had with the heavier more dense fill that we use in our tactical stock. If a guy wants this heavier fill i suggest also getting the standard shell which is about 75% glass and 25% carbon fiber, this will also save you a few bucks on the overall cost of the stock. This heavier option is not a bad Idea when you are running a big magnum, most guys like a little xtra weight to help manage recoil. The stock will still be pretty light, it will only add about 8 to 9 ounces.

The EH series lightest weight fill is done with what we call the controlled fill process. ( note pic below ) The heavy fill blocks in them do add weight, probably around 1 1/2 to 2 ounces but I don't feel comfortable not putting them in. Especially on big magnum rounds. These areas are where all the energy of the action is transferred to the stock, they have to withstand the recoil. Another reason this is done is that all of our stocks have a life time guarantee no matter you are the first owner or fifth and this ensures many years of trouble free use.

I hope this answered what you where asking, if not give me a buzz at the shop and i will get you squared away. Thank you very much,.
[Linked Image]

Thomas Manners
Manners Composite Stocks LLC
1232 Swift
North Kansas, City. Mo 64116
816-283-3334
mannersstocks.com