Originally Posted by swarf
Those idiots who think that a 223 is perfect for deer and black bear are repugnant. To brag about how small a cartridge that you can kill something with is disgusting.

How many deer have you shot with the .223? How did it fail you?

I always thought that whitetail rounds began with something like a 250 Savage, and went up in power from there.

What did you base that on? How many deer have you shot with smaller cartridges? Which cartridges? Under what circumstances did they fail?

have taken but one critter in my life bigger than a whitetail, and that was an Alaskan bull moose. I used a 7mm Rem Mag with a 160 partition. As I looked in awe at it on the ground, my first thought was, "the guys are right... the Alaskan minimum for moose should be 30 caliber and up."

Now this one is a real peach! You are looking at a dead moose on the ground and think the cartridge/bullet combo failed you? How far did the moose make it after you shot him? What was the shot placement?

Sitting up in a tree and taking headshots "only" at 25 feet, over a corn pile, at night, is not hunting. There is a difference.

Well doing it night is likely illegal. But suppose you were sitting watching a stand of white oaks? Is that somehow different? How about watching a watering hole? Is that not hunting either?

Wow…

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14