Yes Mike. The "Pittsburg Machinegun." If I remember correctly these are at their best with see-through mounts, and any cheap scope.

These are also the people that cannot bring enough alcohol to camp to stay at least partly well plastered for a few days straight, and are what we called "ticket fillers." Their motto is, "we have six licenses, so we should shoot six deer. What's the difference who shoots them?" Hence the machine gun term.

My father started hunting over in PA before WW2. He started taking me over there when I was about 14. As family changes took place we sold our last place in Elk County. When my father started taking me we were lucky we had money for gas, and often slept in the car Friday night to hunt Saturday. I saw my first bear in the woods about then. During deer season. It made my entire hunting season. I never hunted bear over there, but I always enjoyed seeing them, and just getting to observe them in their element.

I am not anthropomorphic. But, when I harvest game it is in a legal season and allotted, and I do think that I owe it a good and unexpected death without suffering, and not the inevitable decline of old age, starvation, and suffering.

This is the last place were I should think that someone who has had the opportunity to knock around Alaska for a year or so should be belittled and remanded for wanting to buy another rifle... It's not necessarily what you are doing, but also what you want to do next.

Do you really need a big excuse to want another rifle? Maybe some of you people should just go out and buy a chicken and choke it to eat.

If my being somewhat educated, well read, and well informed is offensive to you, and having formed opinions. Shame on you. I pride myself on having learned, grown, and changed many of my opinions since I was 14. I still try to do that. Science has changed its opinions on many things since I was 14. It seems a sad state of affairs in the world today that many have only become more simplistically hysterical and only look for evidence to buttress there views - like a bad scientist, or a poor historian.

I have gotten to the age and stage in life where when sometimes, someone says something I often say, "Maybe I'll get hit by the "Big Truck" by then." They often respond, "But you might not die!" My response is always a surprised look and, "Don't you understand the term BIG?"

We should all be happy to be our game.