Those are what I would call "typical" deer. A pretty nice 7 point(or 8 if I had killed him laugh ), a doe, and the other buck would likely be a 4 or 6 point had he not shed....hard to say. He does not look to me to be as big as the 7 point.

Folks, take a good look at them. Note how NARROW the chest area is on all of them....I'd say it is about a foot maybe on the biggest one. All who have dressed and skinned a deer know that there is not much tissue covering the vitals. The ribs are puny,no meat to speak of on them, and the hide is about as thick as shoe leather. Is it even remotely logical to believe that a high powered 22 with a controlled expansion bullet can't punch a hole through them? It is little more than shooting a milk jug full of water.

I can see the need for a bigger caliber/cartridge if you intend to shoot them up the butt and if you only see a couple of deer per season I suppose there is a need for that. But point being, on a broadside shot if you look at the animal and how it is constructed it is easy to see how anything from a pointed stick flung by a 45lb recurve bow to an elephant rifle can kill one of these animals.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn