Like I first said in my intial post is I think the heavier Chinese projectiles should work better than the initial inexpensive ones my buddies flung at elk. I also think the Hornady fpb conical is more attractive in it is truly jacketed made in the USA and uses a metallic cup as a gas seal. I am skeptical of Chinese plastic performing as a consistent gas seal when Temps get to near zero degrees farenheit. The fpb are offered in 300 and 350. The terminal ballistic appearance in gel is quite striking compared to the Chinese plastic skirts. Check it out. Even this post shows the Chinese slug did very little morphological change going through the cow elks abdomen. Almost like a round ball. The no excuses conical are offered in a minimum of 460 grains. They are guaranteed to perform or your money back. They are custom hardened lead. They blow holes through cervidae at a multitude of distances and angles. They are easy to load. Just my opinions and observations. The fbps seem to like blackhorn powder and hold point of impact with a clean bore. The no excuses seem to need a fouled barrel.

Last edited by Angus1895; 12/15/15.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills