I won't tell someone what bullet to use or not use. We all have to decide for ourselves.

Powerbelts are probably the most controversial bullet out there for ML's. The fact is - whether they will or won't work consistently, their reputation for failing is out there. There isn't another bullet that has the bad reputation they do. And that reputation certainly didn't come out of thin air. It also didn't come because only hunters that use PB can't aim straight, or because it only happened a handful of times, or because someone started a rumour. It came because of poor results being reported by many many hunters over many years. I know guys that use them and are happy, as do some folks here. If you want to use them go for it, but do your homework first. With PB's...some are obviously better than others.

For me, I'd rather use a bullet that DOESN'T have a reputation for failing. The one thing I know, nothing is for certain with hunting. Things happen, and wild animals are amazingly tough critters.

Regardless of what weapon I choose...I want to stack the odds in my favor, which is why I personally won't use them. One less thing that I can control, that I don't have to worry about.