To explain my deal. I had just bought a new hunting cabin on the divide of two idaho units. That was 10 years ago. One unit offered an October one a November muzzel cow hunt. I already got my elk with my bow and the guy I hunted with in October left early..he never got a shot. My other buddies came out in November to use the cabin. We were all using powerbelts but they were lead colored and the we're small. The Novembor crew faced 20 below weather and had to take a lot of shots to harvest. We regrouped and studied for the next year. Using 460 grain no excuses we started blowing huge exit holes and finding elk within feet of where we shot at them. I am glad the powerbelts work better for most than for my buddies ....but I am gonna stick with the no excuses as they for me are awesome and load so easy. But for the OP concerned about his wife 460 grains might not be the answer I again apologize and I think from now on I will skip any powerbelt disscussion. As my Dad told me " if you don't have anything good to say...shut the freak up."

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills