Good post srw. That's my findings and even suggest 80-90 grains of powder using Powerbelts and bigger-is-better with the HPs.
One can move down to the 270gr Platinum Powerbelts. That's a very good two-way bullet, penetration and expansion. It's the best in the Powerbelt lineup.

Best time to buy them is at Walmarts.... days or a week after muzzleloader season ends. I just picked up 295gr copper HPs at $13 for a 16pk. I was late in finding the Platinums this year. They were $13 for a 12pk.

I passed on the Powerbelt Aerolites 250gr. Same price and 12pk as the Platinums, but I won't buy a 250gr Powerbelt, especially one so lightweight that uses an advertisement-push of less recoil and says nothing about added performance on the package.

Had the 300 or 338 Aerolite been available, I would have purchased those. Jon at Frontier Muzzleloading had very good success with the the bigger Aerolite. He's the only Aerolite hunting story I've found amongst members of any muzzleloader board.

I don't trust reviews at gun stores like Cabelas, Bass Pro, Midsouth.....etc. I don't trust magazine article-reviews that pay writers for their stories.

Last edited by GoexBlackhorn; 12/21/15.